Last Updated, 17 November 2018
We have designed this product with security in mind. Your privacy is top of mind.
This policy covers how Mimik.app treats personal information that Mimik.app collects and receives, including via all related websites, networks, downloadable software, mobile applications, and other services provided by us and on which a link to this Policy is displayed (collectively, our "Service"). This includes information related to your past use of Mimik.app products and services, and information about you that is personally identifiable-such as your name, address, email address, IP address and phone number.
What Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. When you register for or use the Service, Mimik.app collects what is generally called "personally identifiable information," "personal information," or "personal data." All these terms refer to information that specifically relates to or identifies a particular individual. Personal information also includes information that when linked to other information identifies a specific individual. When you register, we ask for a limited amount of personal information, including but not limited to your phone number and payment information. When you log into our Service, you are not anonymous to us. Mimik.app also collects information about your transactions with us, including information about your use of our Service.
- "Cookies" Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Consult your device's web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- "Automatically Collected" Information. If you consent, when you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology. This "automatically collected" information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, customers, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How Is The Collected Information Used?
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
- We may use "cookies" information and "automatically collected" information to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service; (iv) monitor aggregate website and mobile app usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
Sharing Or Disclosing Information
Information about our customers is not an important part of our business. We DO NOT sell customer information. We share or disclose customer information only as described below. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers that provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, data transmission, data processing, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. However, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions. In addition, they agree by contract to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) to monitor network traffic or activity in order to detect protect you, ourselves or others from malware, fraud, unlawful uses or other illegal activity, (ii) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, or functionality available through the Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state or federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service or any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
Information Retention Policy
Except when we believe we are required to retain your personal information by law, effective beginning May 25, 2018, we will only retain your personal information for two years after we become aware that you have ceased using the Service. However, we may not know if you have stopped using the Service so we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or info@GDPR.ie if you are resident in the EU) if you are no longer using the Service. We may retain other information that is not personally identifiable for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Your Choices and Rights
If you wish to access, change or delete personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com, or if you are resident in the EU then you can contact our EU representative at info@GDPR.ie. If we change or delete your personal information or if you decline to actively share certain personal information with us, we may not be able to provide to you the Service or some of the features and functionality of the Service. In addition, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or info@GDPR.ie if you are resident in the EU) to request that we not disclose your personal information to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks on our behalf, such as data processors).
Depending on your location you may have some or all of the following rights in relation to how we use your personal information:
- Access: you may request access to your personal information and receive copies of it;
- Correction: you may have inaccurate/incomplete personal information corrected and updated;
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: you can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal information or to limit our use of it.
- Deletion: in certain circumstances, you can request a right "to be forgotten" (this is a right to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted). We will honor such requests unless we have to retain this information to comply with a legal obligation or unless we have an overriding interest to retain it.
- Portability: in certain circumstances, exercise the right to data portability (this is a right to obtain a transferable version of your personal information to transfer to another provider).
- Consent Management: where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time. You do not have to provide a reason for your withdrawal where processing is based on consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your information, please write to us at the address listed above and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on the rights and freedoms of another person. For example, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore.
For your protection, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Device permissions: Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as camera and microphone as well as push notifications. Where applicable, you can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
Uninstall: You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com (or info@GDPR.ie if you are resident in the EU). Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Mimik.app will store your recordings on our server for 1 year. Should you choose to delete a recording, it will be GONE FOR GOOD FROM OUR SERVERS.
Mimik.app does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults, although they may be used by children. If you are under 18 (or under 16 in the EU), you may use the Mimik.app website and service only with the permission and involvement of a parent or guardian.
Confidentiality And Security
Mimik.app limits internal access to your personal information to employees who we reasonably believe require this information in order to do their jobs or to provide products and services to you. We use reasonable and appropriate measures to help protect the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
International Users and Data Transfers
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States as well as users located outside of the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Notice for California Users
Under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80, a user residing in the State of California has the right to request from us a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed personal information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose such information for direct marketing purposes, and so no such list exists. For questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not obey Do Not Track signals from a user’s Internet browser. We make no representations concerning third parties that do not collect personal information directly through the Website. These disclosures are made under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575.